I recently heard a podcast that really stirred my heart. Here are some notes.
Focus on what you do have or what you don’t have. Father people. Father organizations. Become sons and daughters who become fathers and mothers. There are enough resources. Be jealous for experiences with sons. Be jealous of something or for something. Go on the trip of a lifetime. If you’ve seen me, you’ve seen the father.
32 things fathers do
- Fix things. Restore and rebuild.
- Believe in their kids.
- Show the world.
- Help them discover what they love. Give the desire. Grace the desire
- Show children how to love wives
- Give permission
- Steward resources
- Serve their family with pleasure
- Create culture of the home
- Create memories, landmarks and targets.
- Truth, goodness, beauty. Moral compass. Healthy debate.
- Introduce to the right people
- Love unconditionally, Luke 15. Here’s the ring, robe, sandal.
- Celebrate and throw parties even if they don’t deserve i.
- Give identity, Ephesians 3.
- Learning to focus and be thankful
- Change the orphans cry for more out of lack to the cry for more from hearts of sons and daughters and abundance.
- Beauty and mystery, and wonder
- Direction, safety and freedom
- Don’t envy kids
- Show and model affections, good and bad emotions and be responsible
- Relationship first
- Create opportunities. Not nepotism. We are meant to create opportunities.
- Raise favorites. Not fair. Favorite. If you treat all kids fair you’ll fair. Fair is the political spirit. Favorites is we know identity, calling gifts
- Further, higher, wider, deeper than ever
- Give inheritance and blessing
- Pay a price, be authentic
- don’t burden your kids before their ready
- create a joyful, hopeful, faithful culture
- redeem lost years
Which one hit you this time you read through them? I believe a different one will hit you each time.